Dubai International Financial Centre or also known as DIFC is one of the city’s largest business hubs. Here are 10 interesting facts you didn’t know about DIFC.
- DIFC was founded in 2002 and launched by 2004 headed by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai.
- DIFC is one of the world’s top financial centres. A 'financial hub' for the Middle East, Africa and South Africa (MEASA) established in 2014.
- DIFC reached 2,003 active register companies at the end of June 2018 which leads the Dubai to jump four places to 15th in a new global ranking of financial centres.
- DIFC is launching its new retail and fashion experience called 'Gate Avenue'. It offers more than 150 retail, Dining, fashion and lifestyle stores. Experience a urban lifestyle collective of dining, retail and entertainment options
- Tenants Flock to The Exchange at DIFC with 98% of office space already leased, just months after completion.
- DIFC has its own Independent, Internationally Regulated Regulator and Judicial System wherein the famous 'DIFC Courts' is found.
- DIFC is one of the Dubai's independent FREE ZONES, offers companies 100% ownership without the need for a local partner.
- 20 of the world’s top 25 banks (by assets) have a presence at the DIFC
- 6 of the 10 world’s largest asset managers (by Assets under Management) have a presence at the DIFC
- Just five minutes’ drive to world's tallest tower 'Burj Khalifa' and the famous 'The Dubai Mall
Find out more about the city’s largest business district from our DIFC specialist, Shaikh Suleman is a highly skilled and motivated agent of Driven Properties. With several years of expertise in the Dubai real estate market, he is well versed with this commercial district. Interested in investing in DIFC?
Contact Shaikh Suleman today.